Life is a whole lot better when you feel confident in your own skin. Strutting down the street knowing you are reaching your full potential, feeling beautiful, and removing negative thoughts from within. It’s important because it can be the deciding factor of whether you apply for your dream job, take up an incredible opportunity, or ask that person a date. Accepting yourself for who you are, improving self-confidence and thinking positively can open up many doors as you are willing to take more chances and aren’t as scared of failing.
Here are my top tips to improve your aura ♥
1. Only buy clothes you LOVE – This can be a great way to save money as well, by avoiding unnecessary purchases. By only wearing clothes you feel confident in, it well definitely improve your views on yourself. Even if they are casual clothes, ensure it is still tidy. The way we dress affects the way we think, feel, act, and how people respond to us.
2. Compliment yourself in the mirror each morning – This is an EXCELLENT habit to get into. Every single morning before I get dressed, I do a little twirl in the mirror, then smile and say to myself “I’m happy with this today”. This starts your day off on a positive note, and avoids negative self-talk. Be thankful for all that your body does for you.
3. Have friends that uplift you and are happy about your successes – If someone hates seeing you do better than them, they are really not your friend. People close to you should strive for you to succeed and want to hear about your recent accomplishments. When they give off a positive vibe, and compliment you, it will increase your own image of yourself. “You become who you spend your time with”.
4. Stop bad habits – These can be holding you back with how you view yourself. Whether it’s smoking, drinking too much, wasting time, always showing up late, being terrible with your finances, or eating an unhealthy diet – make improvements or stop it all together.
5. Be honest with others – Don’t lie, then try to cover it up with more lies, because you will be constantly stressed and paranoid about getting found out. Live an honest life.
6. Wear sexy lingerie underneath your clothes – You don’t just have to dress up only for your significant other, why not dress up for yourself every once in a while! Trust me, when you know you are looking damn fine underneath your clothes, you will be walking with your head held high and self-confidence through the roof!
7. Get a new hairstyle or makeover – The feeling of starting fresh. Getting a makeover often makes people feel as though they can finally go after the things they want in their life, as they are a lot happier within themselves and they feel like a new person! It can be a hair colour and cut, makeup professionally done, or if you don’t want to go all out, simply just get your nails done as part of self-care!
8. Improve your posture – Instead of slouching and hunching over, sit up/stand up straight. Push your shoulders back and chest out, lift your chin a little. This will make you feel more powerful and in control.
9. Learn to accept your flaws – Everyone has them, no one is 100% perfect. Accept your flaws, improve what you can of them, and focus on your strengths.
10. Remove negative people from your life – Whether it’s friends, family or work colleagues, stay away from toxic people. They will only bring you down. “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people”.
11. Exercise and eat well until you like what you see in the mirror – This is a big one for physical self-image. When you nourish your body with healthy food, you will feel good on the inside, look good physically, and experience happier emotions.
- Replace junk food with healthy alternatives.
- Do exercise you enjoy approx 4 times a week – If you don’t enjoy going to the gym, start up a sport, yoga, hiking, or go for power walks with your friends around your city.
- Include super-foods into your diet to increase your energy levels.
- Reduce your stress levels – Stress causes your body to hold onto unnecessary fat.
- Stock up on vegetables (especially dark leafy greens) and whole foods such as lentils, brown rice, quinoa and black-beans.
- Build muscle/tone up to increase your metabolism – this allows you to burn fat in your sleep!
To learn more, check out my e-book ‘63 Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle Long-Term‘ which focuses on simple habits that anyone can implement into their daily routine, using methods that are sustainable. I don’t believe in weighing yourself, starving yourself, or depriving yourself. Click here to read the full book description.
12. Take some photos of yourself, or get a professional photo-shoot – Learn what angles make you look your best and embrace your features. I would highly recommend to everyone to get a professional photo-shoot done, at least once in their lives. Sometimes a photographer can capture images of you that make you think “wow, I didn’t realize I could look like that”. It is a great self-confidence booster.
For women, I would consider doing a Boudoir photo-shoot, which focuses on soft, sensual images. It can be anything you want it to be – sexy and seductive or fun and playful. They give a natural and care-free look. You can wear lacy lingerie, silky PJ’s, or even your comfy knit sweater falling off your bare shoulders. They are used to make a woman feel empowered and beautiful. They make a great gift for your partner, or you can just keep the images for own self empowerment and no-one ever has to see! Just ensure you use a reputable photographer, with example photos on their website, and with experience in this area before, to ensure you get the best possible results.
13. Be happy with what you have accomplished in life – Whether it’s your career, a skill you have mastered, hobbies that you invest your time into, your relationship/marriage, a family, securing your future financially or travelling the world.
14. Smile more – It may trick your body into thinking more positively and make you feel happier, even if you are having an off day. People will also respond the vibe you give off in a kinder way.
15. Be kind and generous – Help out charities such as animal shelters, tip the waiter/waitress if you like their service, compliment someone random next time you are in town, donate food and clothing to those in need. It will improve your self-confidence knowing you are contributing to those less fortunate than you and helping to solve world problems.
16. Set goals and achieve them – Break down your big goals into smaller ones. This makes them easier to manage and allows you to achieve something on a regular basis leading up to the end result. Stop wasting time, work towards your goals in your free time, be more productive and get yourself closer to your ultimate aspirations. “Ask yourself if what you’re doing today, is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow”.
17. Expand your knowledge – “Leaders are readers”. Never stop learning. Read more books, watch documentaries, further your education, and keep an open mind.
18. Dress how you want to be addressed – When I go to the supermarket wearing track-pants and a baggy top with messy hair and no-makeup, I don’t get treated with respect or importance. However, if I go well-groomed in my business suit, the staff try to please me to the best of their ability and are very polite. The way you dress yourself really makes a difference. If you want respect, you must show that you respect and take pride in yourself.
19. Organise your life and clear your space – Did you know that people with messy homes, are more overweight or obese than those with clean and tidy homes? If your house and work-space is tidy, it will give you a clear mind, and increase your energy levels. You are also more likely to accomplish more in a day, because time is reduced on searching for hidden items.
20. Accomplish something BIG – There’s no bigger confidence booster than accomplishing your ultimate goal. I am going to receive my hotel management degree, just produced my first digital product, and modeled for a launching lingerie brand. These were all huge steps towards my future goals and aspirations. Get up off the couch and go make it happen! You will thank yourself later. Don’t live your life full of “what ifs”.
Comment below what makes you feel more confident ♥