Eating a healthy nutrient packed breakfast can kick-start your metabolism and set you up for a successful and productive day ahead! Cereals and muesli advertised on the TV are full of sugar and can be one of the worst things to eat. Toast can be turned to sugar if the carbs aren’t ‘burnt off’ during your morning. Even the typical ‘kiwi breakfast’ in New Zealand contains processed meat (bacon and sausages) which can clog your arteries and baked beans or spaghetti are filled with sugar due to the tomato sauce.
This list of breakfast ideas will help you jump into your morning the right way!
1. Kale, Feta and Eggs on Toast – Recipe Here
Kale is high in fiber, iron, anti-oxidants, vitamin C, acts as an anti-inflammatory and contains more calcium than milk! You can also substitute it for spinach. Eggs are a great source of protein and you can mix it up by having them poached, scrambled or fried to keep things interesting.
2. Quinoa Breakfast Bowl – Recipe Here
3. Banana Berry Crunch Baked Oatmeal – Recipe Here
Perfect for those cold mornings!
I made this recipe and it made enough servings to last me the whole week! Talk about quick and easy.
4. Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl – Recipe Here
5. Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – Recipe Here
Great for those people who aren’t hungry in the morning, or just need something quick and easy for on the go!
6. Paleo Breakfast Bowl – Recipe Here
7. Banana and Chocolate Chia Cream Pie Parfaits – Recipe Here
This is like dessert and breakfast combined! Either way it is packed full of nutrients, and fancy ♥
8. Breakfast Casserole – Recipe Here
9. Dark Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl – Recipe Here
Chocolate for breakfast? YES PLEASE!
10. Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs with Cream Cheese and Greens – Recipe here
11. Black Bean Breakfast Burrito – Recipe Here
12. Healthy 2-ingredient Pancakes – Recipe Here
Paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free.13. Peanut Butter, Banana and Chia Oatmeal – Recipe Here
14. Coffee Smoothie – Recipe Here
15. Pesto Cauliflower Rice Breakfast Bowls – Recipe Here
16. Raspberry and Coconut Bliss Balls – Recipe Here
17. Avocado and Egg on Toast – Recipe Here
18. Vanilla Latte Protein Smoothie – Recipe Here
19. Cinnamon Vanilla Breakfast Protein Bites – Recipe Here
20. Grapefruit Ginger Chia Seed Pudding – Recipe Here
This can double as a breakfast or dessert and can be made in advance for busy mornings.
I hope you found this list useful and inspiring.
You may also like:
If you like it – Pin it!